The local server will be operated by Uninett. In addition, company ICT personnel will be given a web interface that provides access to the various tools. The service for local network surveillance currently contains the following tools:
- Software for surveillance – NAV (Network Administration Visualized)
- Netflow portfolio (NfSen / nfdump)
- Service monitoring with Xymon (alternatively NAV)
- Configuration archive for network electronics (based on tftp)
- Syslog server
- Authentication service for network electronics
- Solution for the administration of access lists (Firewall Builder)
NAV is the service’s most important tool; it is described in more detail here.
This service is available to everyone who uses Uninett as their Internet service provider. Your company needs to be connected to the research network.
The service is monitored 24/7 by Uninett Servicesenter
This service requires a local server to be installed, which must be placed in a secure and well-protected network segment. Subsequently, Uninett must be given adequate access, so that the server can be monitored and operated from Uninett Service Center.
Get Network Management
For state-run colleges and universities, this service is an integral part of the basic services.
Other customers are billed with a start-up cost and an annual fee for operations and further development.
Uninett provides technical support for the company’s IT department. Opening hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can contact Uninett by phone +47 73 55 79 00.
Service errors may be reported outside of normal business hours at +47 911 27 087.