Who are eligible to become customers of UNINETT?
Conditions for Internet access through UNINETT and the research and education network:
UNINETT has two main customer groups:
- The first group includes institutions within higher education, connected to the research network through an agreement with the Ministry of Education and Research (currently approx. 200 institutions).
- The second group includes research institutions and other organizations engaged in non-profit activities related to research and education. In addition, research projects in commercial enterprises may get access through UNINETT for a limited period for the purposes of a defined project involving an institution that is already a customer.
Our core customers, connected to the research and education network, are:
- Institutions of higher education
- Research organizations
Other types of institutions eligible for access to the research and education network:
- Primary and secondary schools
- Organizations engaged in activities directly related to research and education, such as libraries, museums and archives
- Organizations providing non-profit services to research and education activities
- Organizations and projects in need of research network functionality, which already collaborate with existing customers. This includes spin-off companies. These types of connections are reviewed annually.
- Any organization with its own enterprise registration number must sign a separate customer agreement. One organization may thus have several research network connections. Several organizations are rarely permitted to share a connection.
Connections have a mutual termination period of three months.